I was born and raised in the Northwest and received my masters of arts in psychology from Seattle University. S.U.’s existential-phenomenology program places equal emphasis on the fields of philosophy and psychology with a priority placed on ethics and social justice. The program balances academic rigor with practical experience.I completed my undergraduate work (B.A.) at Washington State University where I majored in communications with an emphasis in journalism. Art history is another of my interests and I’ve completed considerable course work in that field as well.
I believe the best therapists are well-rounded and possess a variety of personal and work experience outside the field of psychotherapy.
My recent work history includes a number of years in marketing, sales, and business operations mostly in the field of fine dining. I also spent several years working in the social service sector here in Seattle. In addition to private practice, I worked for a year with the adult population at Sound Mental Health, one of the state’s largest community mental health organizations.
Over the years I have engaged in my own personal therapy for a variety of issues and have experienced an array of therapeutic styles. As a result, I have an understanding of how it feels to be “on the other side of the couch,” so to speak.
I currently serve as board vice president for Foster Kinship, a non-profit serving families fostering the children of relatives.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (L.M.H.C.)
- Private Practice since 2013
- Master’s in Psychology, Seattle University (Educated in Existential-Phenomenology)
- Gestalt Therapy Training (Ongoing since 2019)
- E.M.D.R. Training (Ongoing since 2019)
- Certified in Theme Centered Interaction from AMD Training and Coaching, the Netherlands (A group therapy approach aimed at social learning and personal development)
- BA in Communication (Emphasis in Journalism) from Washington State University
“What has been wounded in a relationship must, after all, be healed in a relationship.”– Annie Rogers
For questions or scheduling: